Gestational surrogacy is the most common type of surrogacy these days. In this type of surrogacy, the child carried by the surrogate is not related to her. This surrogacy involves the in-vitro fertilization through the eggs of the intended mother. Although this method is expensive and complicated but also gives effective results.
People who might consider the gestational surrogacy –
- People with long term infertility
- Single parents
- People who don’t want any genetic link of the child with a surrogate mother.
- If the woman’s womb is not capable of carrying the pregnancy.
If we read about the data, so in the United States, gestational surrogacy is the most common type. The rhythm goes like, completing the legal formalities, and then transferring the embryo to the surrogate. However, the parents can also opt the independent surrogacy but most of the parents want to work with the full-service agencies that will be accountable for every activity involved in the process. After they found the match then completing and discussing the legal roles and responsibility with the attorney with the surrogate compensation will be done. After the agreement, the clinic will carry out the further process of the IVF, with the creation of an embryo and transferring it to the surrogate mother.
Here are the following techniques;
- The sperm and egg of the parents who want their genetically child.
- With the sperm of the father, a donated egg is fertilized, in this case, only the father and children will have a genetically relationship.
- Fertilization of the donor sperm and egg of the intended mother, in this case, the only mother will have a genetically relationship with the child.
- In this scenario weather the donor embryo is taken either embryo is created with the donor egg or donor sperm, in this case, both the parents will not have their biological child.
- After the transfer of the embryo, the surrogate mother carries the child, and the intended parents will get the legal custody of the child after birth. Even during the gestational surrogacy, the process may hinder due to the law, it depends upon the circumstances of the individual and their condition.
- It opens the door of hope for infertile parents, single parents, and LGBT community members to have their biological child.
- Gestational surrogacy makes the genetic link between the child and the intended parents.
- One can maintain a meaningful relationship with the surrogate.
- One can select the gender of the child before implantation.
- With the updates in surrogacy law, surrogates’ mothers have to give their rights over the baby after birth.
- Surrogacy allows intended parents to create a meaningful relationship with their surrogate.
- Gestational surrogacy is the least legally complicated form of surrogacy because the baby is not related to the gestational carrier.
This is why the demand for gestational surrogacy is increasing day by day. Intended parents can have their children with their condition. Even the success rate of gestational pregnancy is 100%.